Translate

domingo, 28 de abril de 2013

The end

       Well, my gap year is near the end, the next week I'll be again in Uruguay. I'm glad to say that I succeed on helping these people. I made lot of improvements in some villages and towns for that the water could be obtained easier and cleaner. I helped the best I could so that they could have more food and I explained showed them some technical things that would help for don't loosing any food when eating. But I have to say that these people taught me lots of things. Things that made me open my mind and see that there are lots of things much more valuable than technology, or having the best things, or being the best doing something. As I lived this hole year among them and that everything I did I did it with them, I understood their culture, I understood them. They made me see how people can be kind, solidity and that everybody must help each other. I remember that my first day I was very nervous about thinking  that maybe these people were more similar to animals, but now I see that they are much more humans that what some people of the "civilised" world are. I would never forget Marcia, a wonderful guide and person. I would never forget the lot of meeting that we did with the local people around those huge and great fires.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario