Translate

miércoles, 17 de abril de 2013

Day 1

        Finally I can say I'm in Namibia! It was a very long trip to get in here but I'm glad to say that it's finished. I couldn't sleep very much during the flights and I'm a little bit tired right now. When, in the plane, I and the rest of the passengers (that weren't many) were told that we were flying above Namibian territory, I didn't believe it. When I decided to go to Namibia, I thought that for one year everything I was going to see was desert lands,
almost any living creature and boring landscapes. But through that window I saw a spectacular combination of trees, waterfalls and rocks. I arrived some minutes later to the airport of Windhoek and took a bus in order to get to Oshakati. In that moment everything I could see was in fact, desert. Even if that was what I expected to see in this country, that image of the place depressed me. Sometimes, as I was in the bus, I saw people walking in the middle of the desert. I thought they shouldn't have easy access to water. In that moment, the feeling that I sart having some months ago, the one that was in some way obliging me to go and help people grew up and I decided that I was going to give everything I could to the Namibian people that needed some help. Anyway, when we were arriving, I appreciated again the same (or one very similar) landscape I observed from the plane. We made a stop and I could take a photo of it. The rest of the day was not a very important thing, I arrived to the village, got to a hotel where some employees helped me to unpack and then I stayed there, at the hotel. Tomorrow some local people will show me the place and we'll do some practical activities together. For resuming, today was all a combination of emotions and feelings all through the day. In this year, I'm going to have lot of difficulties and troubles, but I promise I'll do every thing I can in order to help. Tomorrow I'll know better the different activities I'll be doing in the next twelve months, although I guess more or less that I'll be helping in terms of health and logging.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario